Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler iOS: iOS Feature Requests Page: 1 2 3 4  Previous   Next
Mac version please?
Author Message
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributortomricci
Registered: March 18, 2007
United States Posts: 116
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
and I'll add to that a mac version would be great, I to only saved my pc for dvdprofiler can't live without it.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantFlipje
Registered: May 27, 2007
Posts: 2
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Tomricci:
Quote:
and I'll add to that a mac version would be great, I to only saved my pc for dvdprofiler can't live without it.


Same here, please let us get rid of the unwanted pc's by releasing a OS X desktop version. Frustration is growing when you only use your pc for just one program... 
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantSebNYD
Registered: July 24, 2010
Posts: 1
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Same here, I'm still using the Windows version from my Mac (I'm remotely connecting to my NAS which is running Windows Home Server on which I have installed DVDProfiler), but a Mac version would be soooooooo much better

Thanks,

Seb (also using the iPhone version
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantCyberPaul
Registered: October 11, 2007
Posts: 20
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I'm forced to use VmWare Fusion on my MBP just for DVD Profiler. 
I'd like to have a gorgeous Mac version! 
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantTobiasV
Registered: May 30, 2007
Germany Posts: 1
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I use DVDProfiler in Parallels Desktop on a Mac. I'll love (and buy)  a native Mac Version, too...
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantAtlan2058
Registered: March 28, 2007
Posts: 1
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting TobiasV:
Quote:
I use DVDProfiler in Parallels Desktop on a Mac. I'll love (and buy)  a native Mac Version, too...

Hallo
Dito
Yes, please a Mac version ...
Der Ton macht das Bild
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantcloos009
Registered: December 8, 2007
Posts: 2
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Atlan2058:
Quote:
Quoting TobiasV:
Quote:
I use DVDProfiler in Parallels Desktop on a Mac. I'll love (and buy)  a native Mac Version, too...

Hallo
Dito
Yes, please a Mac version ...
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantcloos009
Registered: December 8, 2007
Posts: 2
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting CyberPaul:
Quote:
I'm forced to use VmWare Fusion on my MBP just for DVD Profiler. 
I'd like to have a gorgeous Mac version! 


I agree. I also had to buy VMWare for using DVD Profiler on my Mac and there must be a lot of members who have the same issue. I would like Ken to be clear: please make an announcement of what the plans are; Mac or no Mac!!
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorSpaceFreakMicha
Jesus-Freak
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
Germany Posts: 1,772
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting cloos009:
Quote:
Mac or no Mac!!




Sorry, couldn't resist... 
 Last edited: by SpaceFreakMicha
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantSilentBob1138
Registered: September 26, 2007
Germany Posts: 486
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting cloos009:
Quote:
I would like Ken to be clear: please make an announcement of what the plans are; Mac or no Mac!!

An announcement like that would be a really bad idea unless the Mac version is very close to being released. Just look at the insanity that happened between the time the iOS version was announced and finally released.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStar ContributorTheMadMartian
Alien with an attitude
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: Highest Rating
United States Posts: 13,180
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting cloos009:
Quote:
I agree. I also had to buy VMWare for using DVD Profiler on my Mac and there must be a lot of members who have the same issue. I would like Ken to be clear: please make an announcement of what the plans are; Mac or no Mac!!

From the FAQ: "With apologies to our Mac fans, at this time there is no Macintosh version, and no firm plans to create a Mac version. Although we cannot provide support for this solution, many users successfully run DVD Profiler under Virtual PC on their Mac."
No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever.
There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom.
Against this power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand.
The Centauri learned this lesson once.
We will teach it to them again.
Though it take a thousand years, we will be free.
- Citizen G'Kar
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorbbbbb
on steroids
Registered: March 14, 2007
Posts: 5,734
Posted:
PM this userDirect link to this postReply with quote
I'm against wasting development resources for a Macintosh version. Macintosh users have no need for a mature DVD and Blu-ray program, they are dongled and doomed to subprime video downloads.
Don't confuse while the film is playing with when the film is played. [Ken Cole, DVD Profiler Architect]
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantSilentBob1138
Registered: September 26, 2007
Germany Posts: 486
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting TheMadMartian:
Quote:
Quoting cloos009:
Quote:
I agree. I also had to buy VMWare for using DVD Profiler on my Mac and there must be a lot of members who have the same issue. I would like Ken to be clear: please make an announcement of what the plans are; Mac or no Mac!!

From the FAQ: "With apologies to our Mac fans, at this time there is no Macintosh version, and no firm plans to create a Mac version. Although we cannot provide support for this solution, many users successfully run DVD Profiler under Virtual PC on their Mac."

I think cloos009 was asking for a current definitive answer. The one you quoted predates Ken developing for iOS (which has many similarities with OS X) by a couple of years. Even Virtual PC doesn't exist anymore.
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantnuoyaxin
prev. known as ya_shin
Registered: March 13, 2007
Taiwan, Province of China Posts: 3,402
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting bbbbb:
Quote:
I'm against wasting development resources for a Macintosh version. Macintosh users have no need for a mature DVD and Blu-ray program, they are dongled and doomed to subprime video downloads.

This is entirely irrevelent. Most users of this site strictly stick to Blu-ray discs and watch them with a stand alone player on their big screen TV.

I would love to have a Mac version myself, yet have to agree with you otherwise, that development resources are unfortunately too scarce for Invelos.
Achim [Ya-Shin//Nuo]
Registered: May 29, 2000 (at InterVocative)
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorthackl
Registered: April 12, 2007
Australia Posts: 26
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
An OSX version wouldn't hurt. I'd pay for it too.
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registranttwdotnet
Registered: March 17, 2007
Posts: 37
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
also from me "pro for mac" 
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler iOS: iOS Feature Requests Page: 1 2 3 4  Previous   Next