I've been looking for a 3D HDTV for some time and this one caught my eye:
Would this be a good choice for me taking into consideration what my needs and priorities are, namely:
- Want a bigger screen (current is 37". Looking for 50" minimum)
- Want good 2D playback to watch Blu-rays
- Want good 3D for 3D Blu-rays (with as little ghosting as possible)
- Want a TV that's also good for gaming: PS3 and in the future PS4
Less important but still something I look for:
- Low electrical consumption
Now, taking all that into account, would that be a good HDTV for me? I usually only buy Panasonic or Sharp when it comes to TV's and going by the reviews for this one, the only weak point seems to be the black levels. Otherwise 2D quality seems great as is 3D quality. Energy consumption is also very reasonable. 1600Hz seems good enough for gaming as well.
Only thing that makes me wonder is if 1600Hz is suitable for viewing movies as I've read that it's better for the refresh rate to be a multiple of 24 (as in 24fps) ... which 1600 is not.
Any feedback on this particular TV and/or any suggestions for a better one in that price range?
Thanks in advance!